What is it?
EASESS© for children is a horse-assisted intervention developed by Marianne Disipio, which combines learning to self-regulate through semi-structured and experiential interactions with horses on the ground for immediate biofeedback, with one on one interactive imaginative play that is gently guided and directed to address the child’s specific social-emotional goals.
Marianne has a degree in Occupational Therapy, and has used her extensive training in developmental disorders, her unique Soulful Model for Wellness©, as well as her knowledge of the therapeutic qualities of horses to create a magical program that values children’s main occupation of play, honours their need to make personal choices, and recognizes that children are better prepared to face their challenges when they feel connected to life and supported in all their environments. Just like us adults!
Results you can expect from EASESS©
- Your child will ALWAYS look forward to playing with Marianne.
- An individualized intervention program plan approved by both parents and most of all, your child.
- Helping your child recognize signs and symptoms in their body and behaviour when they are becoming unregulated versus when they are in control of their attention and emotions, through the direct feedback the horses provide during our interactions.
- Exploring and identifying the best soulful coping strategies for your child.
- Addressing social goals by incorporating the just-right challenge for your child to practice problem-solving and integrating through meaningful and high affect play.
- Ongoing support for parents and possible considerations for school.
- Having your child beg you for a pony. Sorry about that one in advance.
Is your child the right fit?
These sessions are ideal for highly sensitive children struggling with mild to moderate social-emotional issues at home and at school such as attention, emotional fluctuations, rigidity in interactions, difficulty with transitions, difficulty making or keeping friends, unwillingness to follow instructions, limited play repertoire, and more.
Your child will enjoy the sessions tremendously if they love animals (especially horses) and being outdoors. Sessions are also a great fit for creative and intuitive children who would thrive on learning soulful ways to work on their self-esteem.
If your child is unsure about working with horses, or decides they are not quite ready initially, no worries at all! We will begin our intervention by focusing on our other goals, and if need be, readjust our approach.
The age required for a child to be with horses in the paddocks with only Marianne and no parent directly present is 8 years old. Depending on your child’s profile, or if your child is younger, you may be asked to accompany your child for this part of the session only. If your child is a tween or teen, the program can be adjusted to be developmentally appropriate.
1 hr. Session
5 Session Pkg.
$ 319 (save $76)
10 Session Pkg.
$590 (save $200)
NOTE: All sessions are 1 hour in length.
Is your child receiving specialized services under FSCD?
Marianne can serve as a behavioural developmental aide and incorporate social-emotional goals already set by an Occupational Therapist, Speech-Language Pathologist, and Psychologist, if applicable and appropriate.
Can’t afford it but feel this would awesome?
Marianne understands how crazy expensive the world of special needs can get! Please inquire about the fully available funded scholarships!